Fits 1980-1989 NAPZ 2.0L, 2.2L, and 2.4L 4 Cylinder found in 200SX, 510, and Pickup. Used to hold timing chain in the place while cylinder head or camshaft is removed. Keep timing chain from dropping inside the timing cover. Wedge shape keeps chain tensioner from popping out. Eliminates the need for timing cover R&I when servicing head.
1. Follow manufacture's procedures fro removal of cylinder head, making sure cylinder No. 1 piston is at TDC on compression stroke, ignition pointer and timing mark on crankshaft pulley are aligned and rotor is position are No. 1 wire
2. Prior to removal of camshaft sprocket, insert timing chain wedge in to the space directly beneath sprocket.
3. Carefully push down on wedge and ensure it contacts chain on both sides. Note straight side of wedge should be on left side.
4. Remove camshaft gear and drape chain on top of wedge
5. Cylinder head may now be removed